Hasta La Vista, Green!: Comments

Nor (Contact, Page), August 22nd, 2010, 14:30

I just tried HLVG on PS6 and I get an error " Could not compete the HLVG command bevause of a problem with the filter module interface"

Any Ideas?

Thanks
nor

RBA (Contact, Page), August 22nd, 2010, 15:34

Hello Nor,

I know one can get that error if the image is grayscale, although I would expect you tried to run it over a color image (running HLVG on a grayscale image wouldn't do anything useful). I guess there might be other cases that would generate that error but I can't think of any right now. If you could post some information about your image (mode, size, etc) that might help track it down.

Nor (Contact, Page), August 25th, 2010, 16:41

I just ran the HLVG filter again but this time on a JPG image and it worked fine. Previously I tried to run it on a Photoshop file (PS6) and that is when I got the error.

Cheers
Nor

Bill Snyder (Contact, Page), September 30th, 2010, 20:31

Just tried the HLVG plugin It works Great!!

RBA (Contact, Page), September 30th, 2010, 20:37

Glad it works for you, Bill.
Thanks for the feedback and enjoy it!

domenicus (Contact, Page), October 20th, 2010, 6:06

Does this plug_in work also in Photoshop Elements?
Thanks

RBA (Contact, Page), October 21st, 2010, 0:33

Hello Domenicus. I haven't tried the plug-in in PS Elements. You're welcome to try and install it and let me know if it works. If other PS plug-ins are known to work with Elements, there's a chance HLVG will work too, but honestly I have no idea.

Gianfranco (Contact, Page), December 5th, 2010, 14:40

I also experienced the error" Could not complete the HLVG command bevause of a problem with the filter module interface". The error don't happens if i apply the hlvg filter withoutyour procedure.
Any suggestion?
gianfranco

Doug (Contact, Page), January 27th, 2011, 2:29

FYI Rogelio, the plugin works fine on CS5. Useful bit of kit - great work! :)

Greg Parker (Contact, Page), August 18th, 2011, 8:57

Hi Rogelio, I can confirm it runs fine on Windows 7 64-bit with CS3.
Greg

Dave (Contact, Page), September 26th, 2011, 12:51

Hi Rogelio,
I can confirm that your filter works fine with Photoshop CS5 64 bit version running on Windows 7 Home Premium (also 64 bit).
Thanks
Dave

Mike Sherick (Contact, Page), September 28th, 2011, 12:33

This filter is exactly what I have been looking for! Works great in PS CS4 64bit.

Dave (Contact, Page), October 13th, 2011, 11:52

This works fine with elements 9

Nadeem Shah (Contact, Page), September 27th, 2012, 0:38

Hi Rogelio

Your HLVG plugin works well with Corel Paint Shop Pro X4 & X5 Versions.

Thanks for the Plugin. Cheers.

daniel (Contact, Page), September 28th, 2012, 2:26

hi i cant get it to work with cs3 i have download both versions and moved the file into plugins but nothing in the filter menu in cs3

Moonstruck (Contact, Page), October 21st, 2012, 1:08

it does not work with Paint.NET v3.5.10 (Final Release Build 3.510.4297.28964)

[Bad parameters]

but thx :)
greetz
sascha

Steve Mohr (Contact, Page), January 24th, 2013, 13:04

Hello Rogelio,

What a wonderful plugin you've generously shared. It works so easily and extremely effectively.

Steve

Rob Courtier (Contact, Page), April 8th, 2013, 21:37

Downloaded, installed, have PS2, said it installed.
Can't find it.

Marc Eichenberger (Contact, Page), June 13th, 2013, 12:08

Thanks a lot for this very helpful plugin - it works like a charme! PS2 (32-bit) on Win7 64-bit.

Gustavo (Contact, Page), July 23rd, 2013, 9:32

Thank you for share your knowledge. Ad pay pal for donations, a lot of people don't like put credit card numbers because don't know about the safety in the page. I'll be checking for to do my donation, Thanks again. Gus

John Blum (Contact, Page), August 10th, 2013, 17:53

Very helpful tool and simple to install. Thanks!

JB

Brian Brown (Contact, Page), September 26th, 2013, 18:59

I extracted the HLGV64.8bf file w/ Winzip and after putting it in the Plug In file got the following message: "The application or DLL C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Plug-ins\is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." I tried it in both "Plug Ins" and "Filters" and got the same message after restarting. Any thoughts? Thanks! Brian

Brian Johnson (Contact, Page), March 14th, 2014, 11:58

Hi, I would love to use HLVG but I get the messages "unable to complete your request because it is not the right kind of document." Can you help explain what I should do. I am useless with computers. I am using vista operating system on my laptop and PS CS5.1 . It is not a 64 bit machine.
I have tried the non 64 bit download and the 64 download but I get the same message when I click on open the unzipped files. It opens up photoshop then displays the message , not right kind of file. ?? Any ideas need to be put in simple words that I can follow. Thank you
Brian.

RBA (Contact, Page), March 25th, 2014, 10:36

Brian, you must apply the filter to a RGB color layer. If you're applying it to a: channel, grayscale image, non-RGB layer, etc. you'll get that error.

J.J. Losada (Contact, Page), June 9th, 2014, 11:38

Hola Rogelio. Acabo de descubrir tu herramienta y me has hecho feliz. He cambiado de cámara, una 6D, y el verde se acentúa mucho más que con mi antigua apsc, cosa que todavía me pregunto el por qué, pero bueno, de momento y gracias a ti, solucionado. Muchas, muchas gracias.
Saludos desde España.

Steven Christenson (Contact, Page), June 27th, 2014, 13:25

FYI... I just loaded this into Photoshop CC 2014 on windows 7 and it works. I'd say it's a well written plugin to continue to work this long in the ever-changing world of Photoshop!

Chandrashekar (Contact, Page), August 1st, 2014, 9:29

I downloaded and copied the file as explained but it does not appear in filters. I am using Photoshop CS6 which is not listed in your list of compatible versions. Is it not supported?

thanks!

Bill (Contact, Page), October 30th, 2015, 11:40

I can not figure out how to get this plug in into Adobe Lightroom?

jose (Contact, Page), January 23rd, 2016, 12:08

Hola, he descargado y copiado el archivo pero no me aparece en filtros en photoshop cs6....como solucionarlo.
Gracias

Terry (Contact, Page), January 31st, 2016, 2:57

A friend sent me your link after noticing a green tinge in my photos. I loaded it into Photoshop CC 2015. It works great, many thanks.

Ed (Contact, Page), March 9th, 2016, 19:21

I am not able to install this on PS CC 2015. Apparently, you cannot add the plug-in directly in PS CC any longer. It looks like some else had success doing it, so, I would love to know how!

Rogelio Bernal Andreo (Contact, Page), March 9th, 2016, 20:07

Ed, I've seen it work on CC 2015, same method: copying the file to the plugins directory and restart Photoshop. Double-check you're using the right - 32 or 63 bit - version. I've had people telling me "yeah I'm using the right one", then three days later "I figured it out, i was using the wrong one", so DO double-check.

Ed (Contact, Page), March 9th, 2016, 20:24

I figured it out using a work-around I found for a different plug-in on another site. Thanks...and it does work!

Rogelio Bernal Andreo (Contact, Page), March 9th, 2016, 20:35

Cool! Glad you figured it out.

John (Contact, Page), October 26th, 2016, 8:22

Rogelio, is the link still active for download of the HLVG plug-in? I'm on the page now and the link does not appear to be active?

RBA (Contact, Page), October 27th, 2016, 9:46

John, I already sent you an email privately but I have to wonder... if you wrote that message it means you're in the page, right? :-) It's true, as I told you, that there's no link from the main page to here - something I hope to get fixed ASAP.
Thanks!
Rogelio

maz51 (Contact, Page), December 19th, 2016, 3:35

Ho scaricato HLVG, l'ho provato su alcune foto funzina molto bene, grazie

andy nuttall (Contact, Page), April 23rd, 2017, 11:18

when i try to install this i get the message this is not the right type of document.
My system is win 8.1 and i,m using Photoshop cc 2017.
I get the same message with 64 or 32 bit

RBA (Contact, Page), April 24th, 2017, 21:43

Andy, I assume you mean when you RUN the plugin, not when you install it. This error usually means that the image is not in RGB mode, or that you have selected a single channel.

Comment: