RBA & AF Astrophotography

Photoshop Plug-in: RGBC: Comments

Daniel Borcard (Contact, Page), September 23rd, 2010, 11:03

Rogelio,

First, compliments for your incredible M42 image!
Second, is there any possibility to get a Mac version of the RGBC plugin?

Many thanks and best regards!

Daniel

RBA (Contact, Page), September 23rd, 2010, 11:14

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately this would only be possible when I get a Mac here at home. There's a chance this may be happening in the next few months, we'll see...

Sorry about that!

D. Pieter Strauss (Contact, Page), May 13th, 2011, 18:03

Can't get it to work. Message is: Could not complete the RGBC command because of a problem with the filter module interface. Photoshop CS4, Windows Vista 64 PC, installed the 64 bit version of your plugin, loaded 3 images into RBC channels. Any clues?

D. Pieter Strauss (Contact, Page), May 14th, 2011, 9:42

Now it works! However, when I apply the filter correction values (in this case R 1, G 1.458, B 1.520) I get a very blue image. The same values in CCDOps and CCDSoft give a reasonable color balance. What am I doing wrong? BTW is there a better way to ask for help than via comments?

RBA (Contact, Page), May 14th, 2011, 9:54

Pieter, I know sometimes the plug-in throws that error. I believe it has to do with a number of things related to the state of the program at tht time. For example, if you have the Channels window open and have only one channel selected, you get that error, and there may be other situations.

As for the different output compared to CCDSoft/CCDOps, I don't know how those programs do it, but maybe they do not rescale the output, while RGBC does? (read above "Does RGBC rescale my input?") ... Just a guess.

Luc Delisle (Contact, Page), October 12th, 2011, 0:32

I downloaded RGBC in my PCs3 and he is in but when I want to used it a message appear: "could not complete the RGBC command because of a problem with the filter module interface". How can I get this plug in work?

RBA (Contact, Page), October 12th, 2011, 0:42

Luc, the filter only works when it's applied to a RGB layer. For example, you may get this error if you apply the filter to just the R channel, or to a layer mask, etc.

Miguel LLoret (Contact, Page), November 3rd, 2012, 22:12

A ver si es posible bajar el pluging colocando mi nombre, correo, website y escribiendo alguna cosa aquí.

RBA (Contact, Page), November 4th, 2012, 6:32

Miguel... ¡todo soluccionado! Disculpas por las molestias.

wes (Contact, Page), June 6th, 2013, 9:41

Hello, these plugins are great, thankyou! A gradient removal tool similar to gradient terminator would be fantastic! I would happily donate!

Klaus Vollendorff (Contact, Page), August 11th, 2018, 3:37

Hello,
i have installed HLVG.8bf in CS5, Plugins, Filters.
Before i habe cancelled the RGBC-plugin.

But when i start PS, the RGBC-Plugin appears.
Why that?

Best regards, Klaus

Rogelio Bernal Andreo (Contact, Page), August 24th, 2018, 9:20

Klaus, HLVG and RGBC both can be installed. One should not bother the other and both filters should appear under Filters > Deep Sky Colors

Comment: