Polaris and the North Celestial Pole: Comments

Louie Atalasidis (Contact, Page), November 23rd, 2010, 19:10

Hi Rogelio

The fluff of a galaxy! wonderful shot.

vivgogo (Contact, Page), December 11th, 2010, 0:42

Learn from you

Rajan Murkute (Contact, Page), December 24th, 2010, 13:12

Hi Rogelio,

This is one of the finest photographs of the region surrounding Polaris and the North Celestial Pole. Also I liked the technical details provided with the photographs. There is a lot to learn from shots like these for a novice astrophotographer like me. Keep up the good work.

Wilma Dyer (Contact, Page), December 24th, 2010, 14:35

A very nice job. And an area of the sky seldom paid attention to by astrographers.

Greg Parker (Contact, Page), March 15th, 2011, 10:10

Hi Rogelio,
Could you have a go at imaging CTB1 - a supernova remnant in Cassiopeia? I think your dark skies could give one of the best images available of this object.
Greg

RBA (Contact, Page), March 16th, 2011, 14:14

Hi Greg,

I haven't gone for it yet, because I think this object really shines in narrowband, and that requires a lot of exposure time, but I might go for it when it's the right season again. Too low in the sky now.
Thanks for the suggestion!!
Rogelio

Greg Parker (Contact, Page), April 30th, 2013, 12:46

I keep coming back to look at this totally stunning image Rogelio :)
Greg

Dave Bellamy (Contact, Page), December 12th, 2013, 19:07

Fantastic picture! So good to see where the North Celestial Pole really is, instead of looking on some badly drawn diagram. This is really helpful and actually artistic too.
I hope that it will be useful for me as a novice astrophotographer hopefully with some kind of telescope in the near future (C8 with German EQ mount maybe?) to find the NCP so I can make a few valiant attempts at taking a decent photo!

Comment: