Star size reduction via Morphological Transformations: Comments

Jose Narro (Contact, Page), March 3rd, 2012, 15:20

Un saludo smuy afectuoso desde Monterrey, México

Luke Bellani (Contact, Page), July 26th, 2012, 19:38

Thank you for a VERY informative tutorial on applying Star Masks in PI.
You have given me a new insight into their flexibility that will greatly help me achieve better star profiles in my images.
Best regards,
Luke

Neil (Contact, Page), February 6th, 2013, 5:41

Excellent tutorial, can I have your permission to re-publish it on out forum for the members? Of course you will retain the credit for the work.

Regards

Neil.

Duke (Contact, Page), February 14th, 2014, 11:09

The 2nd figure seems to be the wrong one. Could you check it and show the parameters and results of HDRWT?

RBA (Contact, Page), February 14th, 2014, 16:42

Duke - it's corrected now, thanks for letting me know! When we lost all images and had to bring the site back from a backup, it looks like some images from this tutorial were just wrong. Odd... Thanks again!

Greg Bradley (Contact, Page), June 21st, 2014, 16:45

Thanks for writing this up. As a newbie though I was not able to work out the step of "apply the star mask". I could not work out how to do that.

Greg.

oetie (Contact, Page), October 19th, 2014, 5:41

Hi, thanks for this great tutorial! When is the best stage to perform the star reduction? Before or after noise reduction? And in the linear stage or the nonlinear stage? Thanks

RBA (Contact, Page), October 21st, 2014, 20:34

Hi Oeti.... You can try before/after NR and either linear or nonlinear. My preference however is to do it after NR and when the image is no longer linear.

Rodney Watters (Contact, Page), February 14th, 2015, 21:51

I have just finished (almost) an image of Barnard's Loop and used your tutorial to remove the star field clutter allowing me to enhance the nebulosity in the region. The tutorial was absolutely brilliant in helping to produce a good result. Thanks very much for taking the time and effort to put the tutorial together.
Kind regards,
Rodney.

Cesar (Contact, Page), April 30th, 2015, 8:27

Gracias por todo lo que compartes, muy bueno tu trabajo. Quiero saber si los tutoriales están en español y dónde.
Saludos desde el norte de Argentina.

RBA (Contact, Page), April 30th, 2015, 15:58

Thanks Rodney!

Cesar, muchas gracias! Lamentablemente, no tengo los tutoriales en español, lo siento.

Cristina (Contact, Page), February 4th, 2018, 2:37

This tutorial is great , I just tried it on a wide field photo of Cygnus and I was able to remove the stars, enhancing the nebulosity.
Thanks very much for sharing.
Ciao!

RBA (Contact, Page), February 4th, 2018, 16:07

Grazie Cristina!! Glad that it worked well for you.

Comment: