Simeis 147 and surroundings: Comments

Greg Parker (Contact, Page), December 13th, 2011, 13:33

Simply the best Simeis 147 I have ever seen :)
Greg

RBA (Contact, Page), December 15th, 2011, 1:41

Hi Greg, glad you like it! I'm very happy the way it turned out.

riccardo de benedictis (Contact, Page), January 5th, 2012, 9:34

Truly amazing, congratulations.....
Hello and happy new year
Ric

RBA (Contact, Page), January 5th, 2012, 10:14

Happy New Year Ric, and thanks for stopping by!

Werner Mehl (Contact, Page), January 10th, 2012, 9:16

I spend about 18 hours under the German sky for this object. But this picture is incredible. It is for me like a painting.
Do you give lessons? :-)
Thank`s, Werner

Klacsány Imre (Contact, Page), January 15th, 2012, 2:31

Perfect job!! Gratulation!!

Paul Duncan (Contact, Page), February 1st, 2012, 19:09

Incredible Rogelio!
How you turn the Ha into deep reds and beautiful stars is just remarkable. Shaking my head...

Tom (Contact, Page), September 20th, 2012, 6:23

Congratulations on the ROG placing. Super widefield Seimis.
Tom.

Wolfgang M. Wettlaufer (Contact, Page), October 9th, 2012, 4:49

Having been around for decades now admiring those photographic efforts to present the starry sky, it ever more has me admiring what can be achieved with astrophotographers' means in these days! With the brilliance and sharpness achieved, this object's presentation also tells a lot about the dynamic life of the heavenly wonders out there. Very exciting, Rogelio! Again and again, I must stare at your wonderful rendering of the magnificent nebula. (Can the pulsar be located?) As soon as the rain has stopped to wash out the dust of my (south German) sky I will go outside to have a new look at this part of sky that I photographed myself a few days ago. Amazingly, this SNR lies not far from the famous CRAB, with half its distance; this must have been quite an optical show to our ancestors when that 'guest star' blew up .. your photo certainly will help improve the attention of stargazers (as well as the general public, hopefully) for Simeis 147 as well, each time the CRAB comes into focus!

johnny weisenhunt (Contact, Page), October 9th, 2012, 7:20

when you enlarge the photo it shows 3 very long? meteor streaks, also in the left-upper field there is a very strange blob of unrecognizable matter??? great picture though keep um coming.

Lloyd (Contact, Page), September 27th, 2013, 20:17

I too have an FSQ and am considering an 11000 class chip. Doesn't the image scale with focal reducer result in great undersampling? The pictures say "no", but the calculations say "yes". Thanks for any insight you can provide. Excellent stuff!

RBA (Contact, Page), September 28th, 2013, 5:03

Lloyd, the resolution of the FSQ with the reducer and a 11000 sensor is around 4.8 pixels per arcsecond. Do keep in mind this object is pretty large, over 3 degrees.

Tragoolchitr Jittasaiyapan (Contact, Page), November 10th, 2013, 9:48

Wow!!! never seen any Sh2-240 that more amazing than this one.
Unbelievable. Thanks for sharing.

budy (Contact, Page), September 5th, 2014, 1:17