Striking synchronicity (Yosemite Valley): Comments

Ed Smith (Contact, Page), May 13th, 2013, 9:24

Awesome work! I am extremely curious about what combination of aperture size, detector and exposure time captured enough photons for that much detail of the Milky Way, yet did not blur the clouds? ~1s? given the length of the meteor trail.

RBA (Contact, Page), May 13th, 2013, 10:38

Ed, they're 20 seconds exposures. Of course, the meteor only needs a fraction of that within that timeframe to show up. It's a 20mm prime lens at f/2.5, on a Canon 5D Mark II. No need to worry about blurry clouds or star trails with that exposure time and focal length.

Luz (Contact, Page), May 15th, 2013, 5:36

Estoy alucinando con tus fotos. Ya me gustaría aprender, ahora que tengo una canon 650....
Gracias por estos momentos mágicos.

Jim Austin-Olathe, KS (Contact, Page), September 26th, 2013, 0:44

Thank you very much for the beautiful pictures. I find that I want each one to have just to look at.
Thanks for all the effort I know you must put in to each one.
Sincerely,
Jim Austin

Tom O'Donoghue (Contact, Page), September 30th, 2013, 11:08

Lovely pic Rogelio. What s/w did you use to stitch the 8 panes? Did you have distortion between the frames at 20mm?

Ria (Contact, Page), January 2nd, 2014, 21:33

Your pictures truly express the beauty of nature. They are like a way of showing where heaven and earth meet. It is truly remarkable. :-)

Dave (Contact, Page), May 2nd, 2014, 5:42

This is an amazing photo - found it today as it was featured on APOD.

Do you have a hi-res version that I might be able to use as a desktop wallpaper? Something that is at least 3840 x 1080 would be amazing!

Sally (Contact, Page), May 3rd, 2014, 0:21

Congratulations on this beautiful image - well deserved entry on APOD! I've set this as my wallpaper to be inspired every day.

Comment: