Clouds Of Andromeda: Comments

Sakib (Contact, Page), January 3rd, 2017, 14:18

Wow this is amazing! You're right that Ha is everywhere but most people don't show the really faint stuff. I remember a few years ago Fabian Neyer revealed really faint Ha around the Double Cluster. I would love to see a HaRGB mosaic of Pegasus, there would be a lot to see there!

Rob Kantelberg (Contact, Page), January 4th, 2017, 2:09

Hi Rogelio,

Every time you post an image I'm surpriced about the details, depth and resolution of your color images of the night sky. Also this image is of the same level and it surpriced me even more as, indeed, I was not aware about these intergalactical clouds in the same FOV as M31.

Very well done!

Keep on posting these images beautiful images, these are a wellcome addition to my own images from a light polluted area.

Clear skies,

Rob Kantelberg
The Netherlands.

Wyckliffe Hoffler (Contact, Page), January 4th, 2017, 11:27

4 Jan 17--Rogelio, you and your image of M31 are absolutely terrific. And thanks for the in depth explanation.

Brad Wallis (Contact, Page), January 17th, 2017, 0:46

Really nice article covering the image and the work you did to verify the Ha clouds !!! Well Done !

Tom (Contact, Page), August 14th, 2017, 15:40

Do You use 7um Ha filter?

RBA (Contact, Page), September 7th, 2017, 20:16

Tom, the Ha filter I use is either 6 or 7um. I'd need to check to give you the right number, but definitely a "wide" filter, not the narrower ones.

ronn franken (Contact, Page), January 4th, 2018, 21:19

Hi , Rogelio , astonishing picture.
What are the exposuretimes in HA -R-G-B-OII-S ?
best regards Ronn

RBA (Contact, Page), January 4th, 2018, 23:49

Thank you Ronn! Check the section "THE DATA" in the article. I give the Ha numbers. LRGB was just two nights, so not too deep. 5-6 hours top per pane.

Kelvin Hennessy (Contact, Page), February 14th, 2018, 17:42

Hi Rogelio
I am a big admirer of your work. I have been trying to work out just how dark a location I should be imaging from to improve my images and I always just assumed your images were all done in extreme dark sky locations so I was astounded to see that you are in fact imaging at what I consider light polluted zones. I am in awe of your work even more so now and maybe I dont need to travel 3 hours to a dark gray site after all.

Thanks, Kelvin

Rogelio Bernal Andreo (Contact, Page), February 14th, 2018, 22:26

Hi Kelvin,
I actually do usually go to sites with pretty dark skies. When I do narrowband (H-Alpha mostly) then I may go to sites that don't have as dark skies. For this image, since most of the signal is H-Alpha, I would rather drive less and get more data :-)

Bilano (Contact, Page), August 10th, 2018, 5:18